A fifth year undergrad and a KVPY Scholar studying in the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER)-Kolkata majoring in Chemistry with a Biology Minor interested in Chemical Biology and Structural Biology. Looking for positions in interesting interdisciplinary research projects so as to apply his knowledge of physical and organic chemistry in studying the molecular pathways of life.
I am presently working on my master's thesis project in Prof Arabinda Chaudhuri's lab in IISER-Kolkata on the design and synthesis of smart polymeric micelles for efficient delivery of immunotherapeutic anti-cancer agents in the mouse melanoma model.We plan to use previously known small molecule immunomodulators in combination of gene silencing or cytotoxic molecules to deliver appropriate combination therapies.
Summer of 2019
I had worked in Dr Dibyendu Das's lab in IISER-Kolkata on the synthesis,characterization and morphology of small molecules mimicking out-of-equilibrum systems in organisms.
Winter of 2018-2019
I had worked in Dr Supratim Banerjee's lab in IISER-Kolkata on the synthesis of a novel class of fluorescent compounds for sensing of biological phosphates.
Summer of 2018
I had worked in Prof Debashis Haldar's lab in IISER-Kolkata on the synthesis and characterisation of small molecules for potential industrial use.
Summer of 2017
I had worked in Prof Usha Vijayraghavan's lab in IISc Bangalore on the cloning on supressor mutants of a splicing factor in fission yeast.
- Spectroscopy: Proficiency in performing Ultraviolet, Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism and Infrared Spectroscopies and subsequently analyzing the results.
- NMR:Proficiency in analysis of one dimensional liquid state NMR and experience in analyzing two dimensional COSY and TOCSY NMR data
- Misc:Proficiency in various common organic synthetic techniques in addition to solid phase peptide synthesis and chromatographic techniques like HPLC
- Microscopy:Experience in Scanning Electron and Transmission Electronic Micrscopic sample preparations
- Data Analysis and Others:Profieny in R and Matlab in addition to Origin,Excel,Powerpoint and Word.
- Recipient of the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana(KVPY) scholarship from the government of India, a highly prestigious scholarship awarded to high school graduates who wish to pursue careers in basic sciences
- Selected for National Initiative on Undergraduate Science (NIUS) program in Biology, a science camp for undergraduates hoping to pursue research based careers
- Qualified Indian National Biology Olympiad, a highly competitive exam which is one of the metrics used to select India's representatives in the International Biology Olympiad.
- Selected for the training cum selection camp for Indian National Brain Bee, a training cum selection camp for International Brain Bee, a highly prestigious neuroscience competition for high school students.
- Scored 95.6% in AISSE, an Indian Equivalent of a High School Diploma.
- Scored above 98 percentile in JEE Mains and NEET, the national entrance examinations for admissions in engineering colleges and medical colleges in India.
High School Diploma
Graduated from South Point High School,Kolkata with 95.6% overall aggregate
Integrated MS Degree
Graduated 8th sem in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research,Kolkata with overall aggregate of 7.5 GPA